A note from our owner:
I had an opportunity to demonstrate this Edgebander at the 2008 IWF. After the first day I was absolutely convinved that this is a great Edgebander for the small to medium sized shop. It's easy to operate, easy to maintain and it has a glue pot! It's capable of applying and trimming roll stock up to 1mil think. You can also apply HPL and wood strips but they are only trimmed top and bottom, the ends have to be trimmed manually. The unit has a small footprint, runs on 220 volt single phase and seems to built like a small tank. For those of you who know me you know I don't recommend something I don't believe in. If I were to open a shop and required a small glue pot Edgebander this would be my personal choice. John Michaels
The 72GP EdgeEdgebander is the newest member of the Safety Speed Cut family. The 72GP boasts features available in larger, more expensive machines but in a compact and affordable package. This machine features a micro adjust tape guide for quick tape changes, electromagnetic end cutters, and the accutrim edge trim system that eliminates the need to file or sand trim edges. The glue pot with an adjustable glue extrusion performs similar to units costing thousands of dollars more. The price and performance of this machine makes it the perfect choice for the small to medium sized woodworking shop. Edgebanders
Features & Benefits:
- Digital P.I.D. temperature control to reduce glue overheating and burning.
- Standby temperature mode to reduce heat up time on small runs.
- Automatic timed temperature reduction.
- Anodized glue pot interior for ease of cleaning.
- Built in safety control to prevent glue spindle motor from being turned on before glue is melted.
- Short 10-15 minute glue heat up time.
- Sealed ball bearing rotary movement.
- Micro adjust tape guide makes changing tape widths fast and simple.
- Electromagnetic end cutters means no need for compressed air supply.
- Accutrim edge trim system uses industrial duty trim router motors to ensure quality finish.
- Dust collection outlet keeps trimmings off your workpiece and the floor.
- Automatic conveyor for consistent feed rate.
- Solid edge flush trimming and edge molding capability.
- American made.
|Dimensions (shop) ||72"L × 48"H × 37"D|
|Shipping Weight ||400 lbs/182 kg|
|Power Supply ||220V, 20 amps, 1~|
|Tape Types ||Polyester / PVC / Wood Single Laminate Strips|
|Tape Widths ||½"/13 mm to 1¾"/45 mm|
|Max Thickness ||1 mm|
|Max Feed Rate ||24 FPM|